Each wedding is different, and Gemma & Paul's wedding was certainly that.
If someone was to say they attended a wedding that featured:
- a groom arriving in a top hat, cape, monocle and cane;
- the wedding processional music to be the Imperial Death March (shame on you out there that don't immediately recall what that is);
- a lightsaber to play a part in the wedding processional;
- Mario and Princess Peach table decorations;
- tables themed on Star Wars;
- the wedding cake to be themed on the movie "Nightmare before Christmas"
You'd most likely laugh it off as the musings of a madman - yet Gemma and Paul managed to have all these feature in their wedding day without it seeming in any way like a novelty wedding or detracting from the special meaning this day would have to the two of them.
What it did do was add a touch of originality to make it truly their day, and one of the most fun weddings I've been to in a long time.
The venue was Judges Hotel, Kirklevington Hall near Yarm and the tree blossom created a magical natural confetti, allowing me to get some stunning portraits.
They were such good sports on the day, and for that I thank them because I know that I have got some stunning images (some of which feature in this blog).
It was a genuine pleasure to be part of their wedding day and I look forward to going through the many thousands of images to select those which will spark cherished memories in the years to come.
For every wedding I cover I upload a preview of around a dozen images within 24=48 hours of a wedding. However, it was really difficult selecting these preview images from Gemma and Paul's wedding because there were so many to choose from, ranging from the classic portraits, to the candid moments and finally the darn right outrageous. In the end I selected almost 50 for the preview!
Mr & Mrs Webster - May the Force be with you in this new chapter of your lives together.